• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my Samsung LE26R87BD worth repairing?

Blackhorse

Standard Member
Hi Guys
If ever there were a vast array of knowledge on all things TV it would be here!
Hopefully someone may have an idea as to what im talking about?
Weve have a samsung LCD tv (LE26R878BDX) thats about 5 years old now.

Over the last year weve noticed its taken slightly longer to turn on than normal, with the led in centre power button flashing slowly as it starts.
Over the last couple of months, every so often the screen would fail to start but could still hear the sound.
The only remedy is to turn it off at the wall, leave it for about 10 seconds and then turn it on,

My main concern is that TV's are so cheap in sales nowa days I didnt want to pay excessive repair fees, for it possiblly to get another fault in 6 months?

Blackhorse

Standard Member
Thanks for your advice.
Thats pretty much what i was hoping to hear, with it been several years old I didnt want to waste cash on it
I have actually just noticed another larger thread i could of added to, which suguests it could be a couple of things but sounds fairly simple task if you know what your doing!

Thank you for taking the time to respond

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom