• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Is my room too small for a projector

M

mentalmax

Hi,
The maximum throw distance from wall to wall in my room is 3.5m. I would like to get a projecter that can give a massive 1080p image at 3m away.. Is that enough distance for projectors such as Panasonic PT-AE2000?

how large would you expect the largest image to be from this distance (and what projector could achieve this?)

Thanks for your help,
Matt

inzaman

Moved to projectors :)

jamesvtidohc

Looks like 84".

Most projectors will do this size and if youre getting a 1080p which costs minimum of about £800 (or thereabout), they will more than accomodate for that size.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Don't forget!

When measuring room size, remember that the throw is from the front of the lens to the screen. So, you need to take into account the 30cm/50cm depth of the projector. You'll also need to take into account how far your screen sits off the wall.

As an example, my lounge is 5m long, but my screen is hanging off the ceiling, c.30cm off the wall, and together with the depth of the projector it's only c.4.25m from lens to screen.

That's a pretty big difference, and may well affect how big you can go.

Steve W

crimsoneagle

I have a room similar to your dimensions and get a 2m wide image from my
AE2000, so yes you can get a large image and for HD its not bad at all
:thumbsup: .

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom