Is my room big enough for a projecter

peahead

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi im a total newbi when it comes to projecters but would first like to now if my room is big enough for one its 11ft in length 10ft in width and 8ft in height.

yeah, panny ae500 should be fine for that size room. most projectors a re very versitile.

Hi there, should not be a problem. My room is 10ft by 14ft and i am planning to setup my HS50 across the end of the room (10ft length). I have calculated that with a 8.5ft throw (allowing for PJ body + cables) I should get a 80" screen on the wall (I am going to use a white emlusion wall to start with) - this is using 3/4 zoom. Just need it to arrive now. Cheers.

And they also come equiped with short throw lenses, you should get at least a 80 " diagnol picture with that distance

tris

My TX100 is approx 8 ft from the screen and throws an 82" picture at about 90% zoom...PJ

Why not go for something with a short throw???
Most new porjectors will give a 80inch diag screen with a throw distance of 2.5 to 3.5 meters.

My soon-to-be replaced Panny AE100 fires across 10.5 feet of room onto a 230cm diag screen, maximum zoom :oops: . A lot of the current model PJs have very similar throw distance, so this is the sort of maximum size you can hope for also.

I think I probably beat everyone here on the short throw stakes... 7ft from the lens to the wall :D But it's an AE700 and has a massive zoom - I was intially worried about it being unable to focus but no problems whatsoever.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom