1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Pioneer PDP-433MXE going to work

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darbyweb, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During to discussion with John Sim, he has pointed out that the Pioneer probably needs the PDA5002 input card ??

Am i going to get anything without this ?? - if this is the case, whats the point of selling it without ??

Help please - i'm coming over all hot and bothered at the moment :confused:

Dean.

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Without the 5002 card you get a VGA input and a component (BCA) input, but no composite, s-video or DVI. So yes it'll work fine but you're a bit limited in connectivity. Having said that I rarely use s-video and never use composite, but the DVI is definitely worth it for hooking up to a PC.

Personally I would recommend you get the card, but it's not a must have by any means. If you can afford it you might want to wait for the new Key Digital card with loads of connectivity and a price of around #1500+:rolleyes:

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Darbyweb

The Pioneer PDP-433MXE and PDP-503MXE without the PDA-5002 card will ONLY input a PC type signal on Input 01. VGA and Input 02. 5 x BNC sockets - you cannot input a Video signal (15.6Khz) from one of Johns converters into either of these inputs without the PDA-5002 being present.

The displays are available without the card for those who are only running PC type signals - lots of Corporate installs for example and also for those who plan to use an external processor that outputs at PC rates/resolutions or the soon to be released third party video cards for fitting in the card slot.

Best regards

Joe