1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Pioneer 737 on the way out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BadAss, Mar 4, 2002.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Ive had my DVD player for over a year now and use it every day but over the last couple of days it seems to of developed a fault. If I play a CD and go to track 3 the sound starts to skip and jump and eventualy stops all together. DVD's play for so long then they stop. Any one got ny ideas or am I looking at refty repair bill. Ive tried a head cleaner and the same thing hapens on all cd's DVD's.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Sounds like something may be stopping the laser from travelling towards the outer edge of the disc. The laser runs on a guide rail that is greased, however dirt and dust, or just age can cause the grease to dry, causing the laser to stick.

Try using a CD and keep skipping from beginning to end of the disc if you can in the hope it may free it somewhat.

Alternatively it could be a broken ribbon cable between the laser and the circuit board it connects to. As the laser moves this ribbon cable is stretched to follow the laser. It could be failing.

Probably time for taking it to the repair shop.

Regards

Philip

3. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Problem solved! I took the lid off for a little exploration and what did I find? What the HELL? Who the...? Ah....
    Well looks like the littlen has found how to open the tray then. Yep you guessed The little chappy all of 2 managed to open the tray put one of his badges on and close the draw. Only it must of jammed at the back because I couldnt see it when I looked and it never stopped a CD going in. Oh well...

Cheers PhilipL, Ill try and remember your advice just in case,

;)