thx for looking

i5 3570k oc 4.4 ghz

gtx 670 10 % oc

asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo

16 gb corsair 1600 mhz ram oc 1866

1tb hdd

windows 7 64 bit

ocz 1000w psu

depends who youre comparing it to, in the wider world of pc's its high end, as far as the 'upper echelon' of pc gaming goes its mid range.

Why do you ask?

i use it mainly for gaming and just wondering if its gonna keep up with next gen games thats all

thx for reply

i use it mainly for gaming and just wondering if its gonna keep up with next gen games thats all

thx for reply

Yeah it'll keep up no problem. With that psu you can always add another 670 down the line if the mobo is sli compatible.

before then i would wack in an ssd. i have a very similar machine. personally i am hoping it will be fine for 1080p for games on close to full bubble for the next 12 months

should i run windows on a ssd or use it as a cache drive what would be better ?

Clean install on a SSD.

so install os on ssd and use normal hdd for storing games and stuff ?

You'll be able to run games better than the next-gen consoles but you won't be maxing them all and/or getting 60fps.

I would say it is high-end along with a GTX680 et al. above that is enthusiast level, mid-range is more GTX660/Ti.

so install os on ssd and use normal hdd for storing games and stuff ?

Yes.

250Gb SSD preferably, for the OS and Origin install, then your Steam/uPlay library pointed to the hard drive.

Look at the Samsung Evo range, as well as the Corsair's.

Yes.

250Gb SSD preferably, for the OS and Origin install, then your Steam/uPlay library pointed to the hard drive.

Look at the Samsung Evo range, as well as the Corsair's.

how about the ocz range they seem to be good value ?

You'll be able to run games better than the next-gen consoles but you won't be maxing them all and/or getting 60fps.

I would say it is high-end along with a GTX680 et al. above that is enthusiast level, mid-range is more GTX660/Ti.

what do you thing would be the problem not maxing games out gpu or cpu bottleneck ?

also i was thinking if i do sli 670 should i go for mabey the 4 gb vram version or will 2gb be enough for next gen gaming ?

also i was thinking if i do sli 670 should i go for mabey the 4 gb vram version or will 2gb be enough for next gen gaming ?

If you were gonna do that you'd be better off with a 3gb 780 as you'd have to replace your existing 670 with a 4gb as well as getting another.

At 1080p i'd probably get another 670, seeing as theyre pretty cheap atm.

I'm guessing you mean GPU there coz if it's maxing out your CPU you have a problem. :eek:

moon.

no i mean the cpu it maxes it out in some parts cant hold 60 fps on max settings

i5 3570k at stock settings cant hold crysis 3 at 60 fps it does drop in some aeras to around 42 to 45 fps

Last edited:
If you were gonna do that you'd be better off with a 3gb 780 as you'd have to replace your existing 670 with a 4gb as well as getting another.

At 1080p i'd probably get another 670, seeing as theyre pretty cheap atm.

i read somewhere u can use different vram on sli because it only uses vram from 1 card so it uses the higest one

i read somewhere u can use different vram on sli because it only uses vram from 1 card so it uses the higest one

that is false.

Taken from the nvidia site-

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.

Basically dont do it. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom