Is my non Atmos supported Pioneer VSX 531 the problem in not being able to recieve DD+ plus audio tracks from my LG OLED48C14LB?

jkk45

Hi all,

Bought an OLED48C14LB the other day. However, whatever I've tried, I've only been able to get it to output a regular, non-plus Dolby Digital, (rather than DD+) to my AVR when watching movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video (the vast majority of of content on these services has a DD+ audio track, correct?).

I've been looking through the owner's manual for the TV [see picture below], and I've noticed that it doesn't seem to treat Dolby Digital Plus and Atmos as discrete audio output modes, Instead it seems to treat it is a combined one. So would I be right in thinking that in order to have one (DD+), you also have to have the other enabled (Atmos)?

However the issue is that my Pioneer VSX-531 doesn't support Dolby Atmos. It only supports up to and including DTS-HD-MA and True HD. Because of this I'm not able to enable Atmos output on my TV.

So put simply: is my non-Atmos supported Pionner VSX-531 the root cause of why I'm not able to have the TV output a DD+ signal?

Untitled.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom