1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is My New Tag Revealing Sony Scrolling Bar?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Roman, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Roman

Roman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I don't believe this!

After months of saving up my brand new Tag DVD32FLR arrived yesterday. You can imagine how excited I was setting it up, this should be a big improvement on my old Pioneer DV717. When everything was connected I sat down with a Chinese take away and a beer, put my Lord of the Rings DVD in the machine and hit play. Within minutes I noticed alternate vertical bands of light and dark moving from left to right across the screen during dark scenes. I couldn't believe it, the picture was less watchable than my old DVD player!

Then the penny dropped! My TV is a Sony 36 incher (KV36FS70). Is this the dreaded Scrolling Bar problem I have heard so much about? I never saw any scrolling bars previously when using my old Pioneer DVD player. In fact I have always thought that I must have been lucky and just managed to buy a Sony TV without the scrolling bar problem.

Does anyone have any ideas here? Is this the Sony Scrolling Bar problem and my new Tag is just highlighting the fault? Or is there something wrong with my new DVD player?

Help!

Cheers, Roman