Is my new Sky HD box faulty?

StellaFella

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Advice is required!!!!!! Last week I had my Sky HD installed and so far have been very impressed with the whole set up.

However, over the last week I have noticed that when I put the HD box into standby and go to bed, I can still hear a fan running inside. More worrying though is that this fan can still be heard in the morning when I come back to the box!!

The box is on its own glass shelf, well ventilated and not near any other heat sources like a radiator etc.

Having read some of the previous threads I have noticed a reboot is suggested by some to cure a noisy fan. Will something similar work for my HD box or does it need a replacement?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... :lease:

I had the same problem myself with my Sky HD box. Rebooting it is only temporary, it reoccurs afterwards. I found that if you turn off Sky Anytime, the problem goes away

Hi folks,

Having read some of the previous threads I have noticed a reboot is suggested by some to cure a noisy fan. Will something similar work for my HD box or does it need a replacement?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... :lease:

Yes, mine does that sometimes. Turning it off at the wall, leaving for 30s or so then on again cures it. Reminds me of my PC

Doesn't seem the most stable bit of kit

I am on my third due to a wierd sound problem the engineer couldn't figure

Made by Thomson on the cheap I suspect

I had the same problem myself with my Sky HD box. Rebooting it is only temporary, it reoccurs afterwards. I found that if you turn off Sky Anytime, the problem goes away

If you subscribe to Movies, you should be aware that all your HD Film Premieres will 'go away' too if you disable Anytime. ;)

ATB

Max

I had this problem lately with my box. It's never happened before but all of a sudden after i switch it off the main fan starts up and it begins to sound like manchester airport all of a sudden. Only way to stop it seems to be turn off at the mains but i'm just hoping it doesn't start manifesting into more serious problems now. Had my box 17 months now so am a little concerned problems will start popping up!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom