Is My New Samsung KU6000 Broke?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Blade3377, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've recently just got this tv and sometimes the screen will flash with coloured lines on the screen I've posted 2 pics to show this happening. These are stills from a video as it happens so fast this was the only way I could get a picture. The picture when the lines are on the right that white thing in the middle of the blue lines is actually a creature in the game that is not part of the lines although it does look like it. Also upon closer inspection of the pics it looks like the lines are only appearing in the dark parts seemingly avoiding the lighter parts of the picture. Screenshot_2016-10-19-01-31-41-1.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-01-31-41-1.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-23-00.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-23-28.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-01-31-41-1.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-01-30-00-1-1.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-23-00.png Screenshot_2016-10-19-02-23-28.png

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Does it happen with all sources? What about with the screen on with no input or just when watching TV?

3. Dazzonamission

Dazzonamission

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    That doesn't look good under any circumstances, have you tried contacting Samsung for them to investigate and have a engineer look at the panel

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    If there is a fault the OP would have to contact the retailer he bought it from, not Samsung?

5. Dazzonamission

Dazzonamission

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    I guess that depends who the OP purchased it from, I had a issue with my Samsung panel within the first 12 months, and was advised to contact Samsung, Samsung then resolved it.

6. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only really been using it for the PS4 as it's just used for gaming. I haven't noticed it when theres no input, however I'm going to try other soruces on it also. I was thinking maybe it could of been a faulty loose hdmi? As everything had only been set up a few days ago.

7. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it definitely is the tv I'll be taking it to the retailer and swapping it.

8. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Well the first thing to do is make sure it's not the cable. Be sure to try with another cable and make sure it's labeled as high speed. You can also try a different HDMI port.

Does it happen on another TV also? Looks like it could be graphic artefacts.

If it doesn't happen with other inputs and only gaming then it may just be specific to that but I think it's sensible to check all possibilities first! Good luck

9. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've disconnected and reconnected the hdmi from the ps4 and going to give it a few hours to see if that was the case. I know the hdmi is capable enough as it had been hooked up to ps4 and another tv for ages with no problems. I'm also trying other sources aswell. I'm really hoping it's not the tv as it's the second set of that tv that I've had in less than 2 weeks as the 1st one had a lot of backlight bleed. I'll report back just incase anyone else comes across this situation. Thanks.

10. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Not necessarily, 2160p and HDR will take up more bandwidth than 1080p even more the case with 4:4:4 chroma. You need to try another cable and make sure it's high speed. Most are but you never know.

11. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently only running at 1080p no hdr as 4k hdr will be mostly for ps4 pro. Also on the other tv I was running at 1080p with 4:4:4 chroma where as this tv I'm not as it increases the input lad where as the other tv didn't. Maybe the connection weren't all as secure when I swapped everything round. Only time will tell lol

12. BlueNoze

BlueNoze
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same problem. For me its on Xbox One when in Game Mode. When in Standard mode it doesn't flicker blue... any ideas?

13. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes there's only really 2 options that I've found 1st is to just put up with it or to return the tv. I am currently on my 3rd KU6000 and every single 1 has done the same thing. This 1 also has red flickers on white objects on screen which comes on for a second or 2 gives you lag and then sorts itself out. So I've decided I'm going to also return this 3rd 1 and look for a completely different model.

14. BlueNoze

BlueNoze
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. All from the same retailer? Mine was from very.co.uk. Seems strange. I'm going to have a play with the options later and see if I can sort it.

15. Blade3377

Blade3377
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes from Argos. Also you could try this which for some people has lessened the extent of the problem but not completely fixed it is to have your sharpness between 0 and 7. 0 would be best, you could also try turn dynamic contrast off if you have it on but if you like dynamic contrast on try just adjusting the sharpeness 1st see if that helps atall. Let us know if this helps.

16. AlanS86

AlanS86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I'm having the exact same issue with a KS9000.

Mine is a 1-2" thick bar that appears for a split second in the middle of the screen. Disconnecting the connect box completly still presents the same issue so it's nothing to do with source for me.

I've had an engineer out and they have ordered a new panel for the screen. Apparently they will need to have this sent away as they are unable to do the repair on site anymore.

To avoid any issues I'd suggest you return it for a refund or try and get another set as a warranty claim is going to take some time!

17. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    I don't know if it helps but I think only one HDMI port is HDMI 2.0a on the KU series (port one) and the others are HDMI 2.0 only.

Whilst the input lag of this TV is low. It's measured at around 20ms in game mode but once you turn on 4:4:4 chroma also it jumps higher to almost 40ms. This is normal and most TVs will do this.

I would definitely try other cables too because I've seen this kind of problem plenty of times due to a faulty/ non high speed HDMI cable.
    Doesn't matter if it worked before on another TV! Try another cable.

The problem with the KS9000 does sound more like a panel fault but vs the OP this is a different TV and the OP has tried one of two different TVs now so I don't think it's related to an individual panel in that case.