• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my macbook cpu temp too hot?

tony kop77

Prominent Member
My cpu temp is 89% surely thats too hot? I have late 2010 model i5 cpu macbook pro.

Newcastle20

Established Member
I had the same issue with my early 2008 macbook pro. I would highly recommend buying a cooling pad like the one in your link. I got a similar one for £20 on amazon. I would also suggest upping your fan speeds. (Theres an app for doing this but i can't remember the name of it)

tony kop77

Prominent Member
I had the same issue with my early 2008 macbook pro. I would highly recommend buying a cooling pad like the one in your link. I got a similar one for £20 on amazon. I would also suggest upping your fan speeds. (Theres an app for doing this but i can't remember the name of it)

Thanks not sure the thing I linked too is actually a cooling pad. Be great if it is.

Newcastle20

Established Member
No it isn't, it will just keep your lap cool. You need one which plugs into your usb port. Try searching amazon. Sorry i can't provide a link but i'm on my iphone

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom