Is my LG PX3RVA Faulty ?? (px3rv series owners)

jpcesar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have bought a LG in the past week. Have a couple of full movies ( 5 I think ) and I keep notice that in full white screens or very clear and "whiteish" screens I see some large stripes more on the right side... is this normal ? I can view a full movie almost without notice them because on blacks everything is ok.

I am extremely happy with PQ but given this issue I'm considering to go to the store and replace with a new one.

Can other PX3RV* series test the White Wash ISM method to check it ?

I post some pictures, Thanks

Attachments

• fault_1.jpg
    fault_1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 106
  • fault_2.jpg
    fault_2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 94
  • fault_3.jpg
    fault_3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 110
  • fault_4.jpg
    fault_4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
Sorry to say, but it does not look normal to me. In White Wash ISM should be just pure white. Did you used with some sort of game console or PC or something that can cause this? Some sort of image retention ?

I have used PC to watch divx but I have the plasma for 1 week and a half only. I think I'll exchange it then.

Def not normal

How many hours use? (press menu on TV and remote at same time) i would get it exchanged

regards

55hours used.

is any of the options in this factory menu usefull ? it have hotel options, blkline detection... etc etc

cortez version 3.63.

jpcesar said:
55hours used.

is any of the options in this factory menu usefull ? it have hotel options, blkline detection... etc etc

cortez version 3.63.
No don't play with the service menu if you don't know what you are doing:nono:

stainway said:
No don't play with the service menu if you don't know what you are doing:nono:

That's why I asked before, if there was any option that is usefull. Just used it to check the working hours. :)

I have just submitted the unit to the customer support 2 weeks ago. Today they delivered me the unit with a replaced plasma panel :)

Happy ending :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom