Is my LCD Broken?

C

chunderwunder

Had a Samsung LE26M51B for 3 weeks, the mrs and I quite like it. But, I'm starting to pull my hair out over the screen not recognising a signal via the AV port - should I be sending it back?

I've tried plugging in my Gamecube, on both 50 and 60 hz, have also tried my digital camera on both NTSC and PAL. I just can't seem to get the AV port to 'wake up' and display a picture and there doesn't seem to be a way to select it from the input list, the screen doesn't allow you to view inputs for which it thinks it doesn't have a signal.

I've only managed to get it to work once, that was by 'waking the port' up by switching my digital camera output to NTSC. I've tried this again since but can't get it to work.

Anyone know if this is a 'feature' of these screens or is it bust?

That's faulty. It should be recognising there's video there.

With my LE32R41BX, it would detect whether something was connected to the ports upon turning the television on, and either enable or disable them accordingly.

If you are connecting the camera up after the TV is on, they will still be disabled. Try connecting up the camera and turning it on, then turn on the television, and see if that works.

If it doesn't work, I would try connecting another device to the port and see if that does, it is very possible that the signal from your camera is too weak to trigger the inputs to activate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom