1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my kamelon too old to work with new kit?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by andrewtayloruk, Oct 16, 2005.

1. andrewtayloruk

andrewtayloruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought a Kamelon 6-in-1 a couple of years ago but I couldn't get it working with Sky+ and my DVD recorder so it went in the drawer.

I've just ditch Sky+ for freeview (non PVR) and bought a new receiver and DVD player and I can't get the remote working. None of the codes seem to work, the remote must be ok because it's working with my TV no problem.

Can anyone suggest some codes that might work, I've gone through the upgrade process a few times but the website is so unfriendly I haven't been able to get anything working. Obviously the codes in the manual aren't working.

Denon 1906 Amp
    Denon 1720 DVD player
    Philips DTR500 freeview

All I need to be able to do is, switch on all the components, change channels on the freeview, perhaps bring the guide up. Change the volume, change the TV ratio, navigate the menus and change input/ouput on the amp.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrew

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Phone OFA Customer Services Helpline on 0808 1000 306. It's free and they are very good at sorting out the right code for you. I think they are open to about 8:00pm on weekdays.

3. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    I have just bought the kameleon and found the learning function invaluable, does yours not posses this feature, mine works so well in the av room i bought the 4 in 1 for the equipment in the lounge.