• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my iphone battery dying?

babybearbarker

Hi all,

My phone was fully charged on friday, then seemed to turn off and wouldn't respond to any button presses, after leaving it for half an hour it turned on fine and worked ok. On Sunday, after having it charged that morning, I picked it up, same thing, then it flashed that the batter was in the red practically with no power. Charged it overnight, was ok this morning on way into work - got to work (about 40 minutes after leaving the house) and the phone was really hot to the touch front and back and again, battery level practically gone - will do nothing except show red flicker on battery screen.

Is my battery dying or could it be something else? Upgraded to 3.01 software and been working fine, no issues previously. Actually don't use it anywhere near as much as most - occassional call, few texts, half hour of ipoding on way into work.

Help!

Simba

Distinguished Member
seems faulty.... id get it checked out by apple.

muffins

seems faulty.... id get it checked out by apple.

This or you have a problem with push.

Do you have push enabled and your data disabled?

If that's the case then push needs an active data account or it will continuously look for one, draining your battery very fast in the process.

babybearbarker

Just turned off the push and restored the machine and it's working fine - obviously something had set up wrong on this, thanks for the advice.

reforse

"Actually don't use it anywhere near as much as most - occassional call, few texts, half hour of ipoding on way into work."

What a waste.

babybearbarker

Hehehe - thanks! It's a bit of a waste, but I don't have enough time at the mo to use it all, however, I do travel lots for work and use all the games, internet etc very regularly then, but not in the last month....

Waste indeed.... Tsk <g>

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom