Is my FarCry broken?

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick one for you guys with a copy of FarCry...Whenever I throw a stone or fire a gun or see a helecopter, instead of their noises I get a horrible prolonged static noise instead. Does this happen on your game too or is there something wrong with my disc? Cheers...

anyone? I am going to have to take it back this afternoon cos I think it shouldn't be happening but if someone can save me an hour in the car it would be great... :lease:

Doesn't sound normal. I don't have Far Cry anymore but when I did I never had that problem. Not sure what to make of it but it may be a problem with your diss especially if your other games work fine.

Mine did that for a while. Very strange. I've now got it installed on the hard drive and it doesn't do it so it must have something to do with the dvd drive.

Got a new copy and this one does it too...must be my xbox. Any suggestions? It's really pissing me off! Will HMV take it back and give a refund as there's nothing wrong with it?

Try this

"If you have a sound problem where it's like staticy a lot, then simply go to your xbox hardrive from the dashboard, then go to the FarCry file, and delete it. Then go to your game, and start a new profile, and your problem should be fixed. You'll lose progress in the game.
If that doesn't work, make sure your date and time on your xbox are set correctly."

kidgloves said:
Try this

"If you have a sound problem where it's like staticy a lot, then simply go to your xbox hardrive from the dashboard, then go to the FarCry file, and delete it. Then go to your game, and start a new profile, and your problem should be fixed. You'll lose progress in the game.
If that doesn't work, make sure your date and time on your xbox are set correctly."

LoL! That is a joke? Isn't it?

dllord said:
LoL! That is a joke? Isn't it?

Why would it be a joke
Its taken off the ubisoft forums and worked for 100% of the people who tried it

will give it a go...thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom