• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my epg/software up to date ?

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Should be 1.3b12
sky+9.10.13a

Do a forced update :-

Switch box off at mains, or unplug the mains lead from the back of the box, hold down backup button on front of box at same time as you switch box on. Keep backup pressed until a row of lights appear on front of box and and a message will appear on your tv, then release finger. When download complete box will go into standby mode, wait for a couple of mins and then power on from your remote.

HDCriticalFan

Established Member
Should be 1.3b12
sky+9.10.13a

Are you sure about that ? Doesn't it depend on the model of box ?

I have an early Thomson and it so happens that I did a Forced Software Download a week or so ago. I still have 8.3.2 and 1.32B12.

If memory serves, that is what I got back in April 2009 ... and it hasn't changed a jot since (i.e. blue LED error never fixed, slow planner when box fills up, tendency to lose an input now and again).

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that Sky have cut loose us "early adopters" (i.e. the ones that supported HD in the early days by paying ~£300 for a 300gig box) in favour of new subscribers (who get a free 500gig box).

I think that they have decided that we will eventually become so disgruntled with the old buggy software on our Thomsons then we will take one of the new boxes (although, bizarrely, they expect us to pay again for the privilege).

I now believe that there is no prospect of there ever being a software update for us :(

Regards

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Are you sure about that ? Doesn't it depend on the model of box ?

I have an early Thomson and it so happens that I did a Forced Software Download a week or so ago. I still have 8.3.2 and 1.32B12.

If memory serves, that is what I got back in April 2009 ... and it hasn't changed a jot since (i.e. blue LED error never fixed, slow planner when box fills up, tendency to lose an input now and again).

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that Sky have cut loose us "early adopters" (i.e. the ones that supported HD in the early days by paying ~£300 for a 300gig box) in favour of new subscribers (who get a free 500gig box).

I think that they have decided that we will eventually become so disgruntled with the old buggy software on our Thomsons then we will take one of the new boxes (although, bizarrely, they expect us to pay again for the privilege).

I now believe that there is no prospect of there ever being a software update for us :(

Regards

You may be right. I thought that all boxes should have had the sky+9.10.13a EPG update by now?

logiciel

So, what should a Samsung 500gB be?

neiljones

Established Member
My box is a Thomson. ( I think I am on the 3rd HD Box)
Just phoned Sky (08442 411 333) , pointed out that I was a founder member of the HD brigade, but the software was old and unable to be upgraded.
She agreed. Without hesitation, although the offer is supposed to come to an end shortly she said I was entitled to the £149 offer.

Accepted - delivery 21/07. - I forgot to ask her if the delivery would be by the Sky man or carriage.

??????

NJ

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom