1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my DVD faulty or progressive scan problem???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by blithe502, Dec 1, 2004.

1. blithe502

blithe502

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Please can someone help???

I have just bought a Marantz Hollywood system and connected to a Sony 42Ts2 plasma. Scart RGB looks great but I wanted to get progressive scan working through component.

When activating progressive scan on PAL there are lines going from bottom right to top left but not in the menu screen.

When in NTSC mode there are no lines but the colours aren't great.

I am using a short Ixos component cable so thats not the problem.

I have lost count on the number of threads I have read trying to find some information on this but no luck.

I would really appriciate anyones help so don't be shy!

Gareth

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    dont know much about your problem, but i changed my dvd player to the pioneer 575 so i could get both ntsc & pal progressive and when i used it at first the colours looked way off and the picture was poor, the cause of this was that i hadnt pushed the component connector fully in so make sure all you cables are fully in and also check that your video output mode is set to video or svideo as the progressive signal will only work if rgb is switched to off

3. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I have the 32 inch version of this set. When I use progressive scan I get thin lines about a inch apart across the screen, but like you not when the menu is showing??

Have mine on just component but I am not sure if the picture is as good as it should be.

Shame really as the picture is great except for this

Regards

4. xbiggy

xbiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was told that there are compatabilty issues when you mix makes.i have a 42" viera and a pioneer 565 but when put prog scan on the picture fell to bottom of screen.i have now changed the pioneer for a denon 2200 and the prog scan is crystal(was told pioneer and panasonic have issues)so maybe this is ur problem?