Is my digibox on its last legs ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by spatial101, May 22, 2003.

1. spatial101

spatial101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I had a look around the forum before posting this but couldn't find any threads that answered my question

I've had my Sky service installed and set up for just over a year and a half now. Over the last six months I've noticed a buzzing noise which is audiable through all the Sky channels. Its not there when watching DVD or Video so I know its unlikely to be the TV

The buzzing's gradually got louder to the point where its really audiable ( and annoying ) if your watching a film or anything which has a quiet bit in it

More recently I've noticed that some channels are breaking up quite badly. It started with the lower end channels like the Disney Channel and the last few music channels, and now seems to be spreading to things like ITV2, and even more recently BBC1 and ITV1 making them pretty much unwatchable

My only thought is that my Grundig digibox is on its way out. Anyone else got any ideas / solutions or do I have to buy a new box ?

All help / advice greatly appreciated

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Check the basics first, signal strength/quality, alignment/integrity of dish and lnb,cable and connections etc.

3. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'd agree. All you need is the satcure repair kit and it will be good as new (probably better than new in fact).

You can prove the point. Switch the Grundig box power off at the wall socket. Leave it to cool down for a few hours. Now switch it on. If the PSU is faulty, it will be much worse or it may not work at all.

Alternatively, leave it on for a few more weeks and wait for expensive smoke!

:smoke:

Fman

5. spatial101

spatial101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:

Sounds like I'd better get on it right away

Thanks for the info