• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my Denon 3806 broken?

R

Rayman2k2

Hello all...

I was going to the back of my TV the other day, and I accidentally pulled the HDMI cable out from my 3806. When I replaced it, I do not get any signal on my tv, only audio from my speakers. I've quadruple checked my connections, and they are fine, but no video on my 61" Samsung 1080p DLP.

I've also tried troubleshooting by myself, here is what I have done:

Hooked DVD player to TV via HDMI cable = I see the "Samsung Digitall" screen, but then nothing, TV tells me there is no signal...

Hooked Cable Box to TV via DVI -> HDMI cable = I get a picture for about four seconds, then nothing. HD channels display two pictures side by side at once.

Hooked Computer to TV via DVI -> HDMI cable = Nothing.

Hooked LCD monitor to receiver via HDMI -> DVI cable = Nothing, monitor does recognize resolution to be 1920 x 520 @ 60hz, so it does sense something.

I have no idea if it is the tv's fault, or the receiver's fault, and I am trying to figure that out so I can call either Denon or Samsung for the warranty (thanfully I got a service plan on the TV, not the same for the Denon however)

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi

If going direct from the DVD player, Cable Box and Computer either don't work or do strange things then it points to a problem with the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom