1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my computer way to slow for video editing? Pinnacle Studio 9 v Ulead Video Studio?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dockerslund, Feb 20, 2004.

1. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an Intel Pentium 4, 1.5GHz with 512MB ram.

I've been editing my first film in Windows Movie Maker 2.
    And...that's the last time I will use this piece of software.
    First of all, WMM2 sometimes take a splitsecond of a clip, and add it between two other clips. But it adds it as a part of one of the other clips, so I have to cut a tiny bit off one of the clips.
    Another problem. Quite ofter between clips, WMM2 makes this little noise, which I best can describe as little tick. Again I have to go in and remove it, as it's part of one of the clips.
    WMM2 has managed to make a couple of other "tick" sounds after I've removed them the first time.
    The very last problem...when I add transitions or text animation, the video seems to turn a tiny bit slower.
    Is this to do with my computer, or is it the software?
    I've decided to go for either Pinnacle Studio 9 or Ulead Video Studio 7.
    From what I can read, Ulead VS7 is a lot more stable that Pinnacle Studio 9.
    Is that true?

2. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And what do I need?
    Ulead Media Studio or Video Studio?
    All I want to do, is to edit what I've filmed on my MiniDV camcorder, and then burn it onto DVD.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Pentium 4 running at 1.5Ghz should be plenty fast enough for video editing, don't use MMM2 myself so can't comment on strange happenings but a man who can help with MMM2 can be found at www.papajohn.org

I personnally use Ulead VideoStudio7 and am very happy with it, but I have a number of friends who are equally happy with Pinnacle Studio 8&9. You can get a free trial of UVS7 at the Ulead website :- www.ulead.co.uk so you can try it without cost then if you like it I would strongly recommend you buy the full version.

4. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, fella!
    I'm downloading Ulead Videostudio now, and I've emailed PapaJohn.
    One very last question.
    After I edited my video in WMM2, I downloaded Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 Disc Creator (the trial version).
    Do I need to use it, if I get Videostudio instead? Can Videostudio do exactly the same as Movie Factory?

5. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UVS7 is a complete package in that it can capture - edit - then burn to DVD or VCD and also return the video to a suitable camcorder.

Some people however prefer to export the finished .avi file and use another programme - like TMPGenc for example to encode and then another to burn to disc.

It really depends on what works for you, if you don't like a particular piece of one programme then export the file from that into one you do like. I never really like telling anybody which is the BEST programme - they all do much the same thing it really is down to personal preferences, if you like the interface in a programme and the way it works and it produces results that you like then that's the one for you

6. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for that.