is my BNIB sky hd box brand new?

sloth

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi,

is there anyway of telling from the epg/spftware when a box was first used etc? am asking because i bought a BNIB amstrad 890 from ebay that i think (long story) is not brand new in the box, it has a couple of tell tale marks on the back by the connectors

also what scart lead comes with the unit normally? a round cable one or a flat one? thanks in advance for any info

PS the planner and anytime are both blank currently which i know is obviously one easy of telling if the box has been used...

hi,

PS the planner and anytime are both blank currently which i know is obviously one easy of telling if the box has been used...
Not at all,both are easy to empty.

There is no way of telling from the software and most boxes do not come from the factory with scart cables. It is not unknown for dealers and installers to actually connect up a box to test it out particularly internet dealers before posting it out and in earlier days with the reliability of some boxes I would have expected such a test.

There is no way of telling from the software and most boxes do not come from the factory with scart cables. It is not unknown for dealers and installers to actually connect up a box to test it out particularly internet dealers before posting it out and in earlier days with the reliability of some boxes I would have expected such a test.

ok thanks for the info. i appreciate what you say abt them checking it out but i just feel that as i have paid a bit of a premium to get a BNIB, that that is what i want. i.e. the first person to open it and use it. i know you can argue that is a bit anal but then i paid the (£20) premium for that, especially as this is the second box i have received where the first one was defintely not BNIB

i guess sometimes i am just a bit too picky...

Surely you could tell if you're the first to open it - the box?
If it hadn't been opened though it wouldn't have a Scart cable in it, and it would have a HDMI cable.

Surely you could tell if you're the first to open it - the box?
If it hadn't been opened though it wouldn't have a Scart cable in it, and it would have a HDMI cable.

yeah, definetely not the first to open the cardboard box but that i can live with, just more trying to find out if there is any secret way you can use the software on the box itself to see if it has been used before...but it appears from the post further up that there is not. yeah it did have a cheapo sky hdmi cable

You mentioned earlier the type of Scart cable and I took that to imply there was one with it - if so it shouldn't have been.
The HDMI cable IS fine. ;):thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom