1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Barco Graphics 801s green tube really dead?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by orlando furioso, Sep 17, 2004.

1. orlando furioso

orlando furioso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up a Barco Retrographics 801s on the cheap (not really understanding what I had.) It worked great for a while. But then the colors went all weird. It seems I'm not getting any green at all. Since the menus use the green, I couldn't very well run a self-diagnostic or read any error messages. I'm just wondering if there's an easy way to determine that it is, in fact, that gun (and not some more complicated problem with the circuitry further up the line). I've had the covers off and there's no light coming out of that tube. I have also taken some photos:

http://www.furioso.com/furiousstudios/bigscreen.html

Any help would be appreciated. This thing is a monster and I don't relish the thought of trying to lug it down to a repair center. Thanks in advance.

2. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you look at the base of the tubes do they all light up? (you should be able to see a dull orange glow)

John

3. orlando furioso

orlando furioso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually yes. And now strangely via some quantum observational effect, I seem to be getting green again. I have no idea what's going on. But it seems to be working again. Urrr, thanks!

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Take the red sun glasses off ?

It won't do it again until you have invited a whole load of people around to watch the latest film / match.

Glad to hear you are going

5. Pierre-Marie

Pierre-Marie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello
    I must transport a retrographics 801s, but I do not have exact dimensions of the retroprojector. Please have a copy of the page of the handbook service?

Regards

Pierrot (from France)

6. arbey

arbey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0