1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my AVR300 faulty - someone please help

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Dean_S, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Dean_S

Dean_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I bought my AVR300 in November. It has been running upto now without any problems. It has v3.08 firmware in it.

Last night, for the first time ever, I tried to use it to switch component video. I think my unit is faulty, here's why:

If I use the SAT & AV component inputs, everything if fine. However, if I use the DVD input, the 'Pb' or blue channel is missing from the picture.

It is not the cables or the source; I have eliminated these from the investigation by using the same source and cable and alternating between each of the inputs.

Could it be a firmware bug? Could someone from Arcam please help or comment. I don't really want to return the unit and wait for weeks, because I won't be able to hear the TV (my display has no speakers). I don't own another TV! I also won't be able to hear CDs!

Please help,
    Dean

2. Gavlaw1

Gavlaw1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dean

You may need to ensure that your DVD player is using the component outputs for component and not RGB. I made this mistake at first and saw a similar problem. In order to set up the DVD to start with, you may need to use a lower definition input in order to see the menus (I'm speaking from experience in using the DV79).

Gavin