1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my 636 fried

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Steve J Davies, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Steve J Davies

Steve J Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a pioneer 636d from a local supplier since last Nov/Dec and have been a happy bunny with it. recently it had 'bad spell' - disk stuttered (sound and vision) and could see huge blocks (well huge compared to pixels...). it behaved again (my wife tells me... after she cleaned a disk) and now it does it on every disk (just a gentle wipe with damp fine cloth and then a gentle dry - no chemical shennanigins).
    Have reset it to factory settings and redone setup but its still 'stuttering'. Have also used a cleaner/static remover disk I got from HMV.
    This a known thing ? Do I go back to the dealer with my box under my arm ?
    I am not a HC techno head so please go simple on any answers.
    If it helps it seems to be related to the amount of data being processed, for example on dics with simple menus I can get to the 'photo section' and show cast photos okay but once I get some screen traffic happening its blammo time. It happens on all my disks (well I got fed up of trying after 8 or 9) at some point or other - but within a seconds not minutes on all that I tried.
    Also tried knocking down the audio rate from 96 thingies to 48 thingies but no change in results.
    Just raided HMV today for a handfull of disks as well (they had some cheap priced stuff).....
    Yours unhappily.

Steve :(

2. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get it back to the shop while it is stil under warrenty, it is clearly faulty.

3. Steve J Davies

Steve J Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HAVE DONE, HAVE A YAMAHA ON LOAN WHILE THEY FIX IT. SORRY ITS BROKEN BUT GOOD TO KNOW IT WASNT SOMETHING SILLY.
    THANKS FOR RESPONDING