Is My 360 Broke ?

S

-ScarFace-

I've been playing on it for about 5hours then all of a sudden on hitman the screen went really funny, like kina a seethrough matrix code.

Everything that was white went to this kinda snowy effect and is basicly unplayable.

On still screens like menus its fine, i've just put another game in and its the same.

It's not the tv as cable and dvd works fine.

Is it broken or has it just overhearted?....i cant find this problem anywhere on google

Actually, i think it is just that game, that happened to me on hitman when i first got the game. I let it sit all night, and never played the game again, and it never did that again. weird, thought it was just bad luck on my part

this is a still of his head but its all over the picture

ive just put battlefield on and its doing the same.........i left it to cool for 30mins before and its still doing it

Yes, your console looks like it's on the way out - this is how mine started... it's all downhill from here on out... get it replaced/repaired ASAP :thumbsdow

Yes much the same thing - started out like yours and then pretty soon it spread to being all over the screen and locking up... then it wouldn't even get past the Xbox logo on boot-up... after that it's the flashing red lights and a trip to the carousel :suicide:

ok when i bought it 4months ago from comet i paid 50quid for 3years extra cover....what do i do?...just call them up and tell them whats up ?

I bought mine from Argos about 4/5 months before it passed on... I just took it back to the store, told them it was broke and asked for it to be replaced. Comet should just replace it for you, even without your extra cover.

No - they're stored on the xbox.com servers. If you have a hard drive it will contain all your game saves on it so you might want to keep hold of that and just get them to exchange the 360 itself... either that or copy them all over to a memory card.

im not 100% sure but...

you shouldn't lose your achievments

but you will lose your game saves

(unless microsoft send back the same hard drive or you back them up)

Ahh right ok.

Did you ever find out what was actually wrong with it?
It's odd that i cant find any reference to this issue on google or the xbox site.

They seem to say that all errors are shown by the red lights, not graphical

Do you think that in a few hours with it being turned off, it could be ok again or am i living in a dream world :D

Will i lose my gamerpics and themes?

They're stored on your HD - a record of your purchases is also stored in your Live profile on xbox.com. Worse case scenario is you download them again for free.

I don't know what went wrong with mine... just know a lot of other people that have had the same problem. It's a sign that it is going... the red lights appear when it has gone. You may find it will limp on for a few more days, even weeks... but would you want to risk the red lights appearing on Christmas day?

Basiclly i just dont wanna go any length of time without it lol...........i play it too much.

Weither it works or not, i am calling comet up tomorrow, hopefully i'll be able to box it up n go to my local comet n exchange it.

Could it have anything to do with turning fron 50pal to 60pal?....i had to do that when i first played hitman 2days ago, it wouldnt work atfirst untill i changed the setting on console display.

well just had it on for 15mins and its fine again...so odd.....its been turned off for an hour.

still calling them though

Do you think that in a few hours with it being turned off, it could be ok again or am i living in a dream world :D

Well, like i said, it did the same thing to me, and i left it off all night, and it's been going strong 6+ months

lol spoke too soon, been off for 2hours, turned it on, 2mins later it was doing the same thing.....grrrrr

dunno why but i have an awful gutted feeling im my belly.

as you can see from my sig, i've had breaking troubles in the past

lol spoke too soon, been off for 2hours, turned it on, 2mins later it was doing the same thing.....grrrrr

dunno why but i have an awful gutted feeling im my belly.

as you can see from my sig, i've had breaking troubles in the past

Well, like i said, its an old American trick, so do as follows; :lesson:

1.) Take out the disks, and unplug EVERYTHING (Power, video, play and charge, HD DVD, etc.)

2.) leave the thing alone for AT LEAST 24 hours

3.) Plug in ONLY power and video cables

4.) If it does the same thing, then take it up with Microsoft

I know it doesn't seem like much to fix it, but believe me, it worked for me, and i have had no problems for 6+ months

**** sake, just called comet, they wont replace it or have anything to do with it because its within its 1st year and microsoft cover it, so she gave me there number, got lumberd with a pakistani girl n couldnt understand a word so i hung up, got another pakistani girl who was just as bad, she didnt have a clue and is sending me a lable in the post, i have to box the 360 up without cables or hardrive, post it, it'l take 5days to get there, then 15days at microsoft, they'l either fix it, if they cant they'l send a new one..........fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

**** sake, just called comet, they wont replace it or have anything to do with it because its within its 1st year and microsoft cover it, so she gave me there number, got lumberd with a pakistani girl n couldnt understand a word so i hung up, got another pakistani girl who was just as bad, she didnt have a clue and is sending me a lable in the post, i have to box the 360 up without cables or hardrive, post it, it'l take 5days to get there, then 15days at microsoft, they'l either fix it, if they cant they'l send a new one..........fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

sry to hear that man, hope it doesn't get lost in all this holiday mail traffic, just sent my wii in for repairs... last week, and Nintendo has YET to get it, im getting worried.

oh jesus !

do you think if i called comet again and had ago they would exchange it?

no comet wont have any of it, gotta send it to microsoft.

BUT, without tempting fate, i blew as hard as i could in the disk tray and the vents, i thought maybe dust was on the lense, anyway so far so good, its lasted the longest it has without faulting.

Anybody know if dust would cause the graphics to mess up?....the graphics only faulted when the i could hear the machine reading the disk like crazy

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Comet:rotfl: it is upto the retailer to take resonabilty for the goods not you and comet have their own rules and policies:rolleyes:. I would back up the stuff you want onto a memory card if you can and stamp on comet very hard and demand a replacement. What ever you do dont phone them they will fob you off with crap. Take console into the store where you purchased it from and ask to see the store manager dont ask tell him you want the console replaced as its not very old and its not fit for the purpose. At this point he will state comets policy is you return it microsoft..... ok now you start pick a time when the store has lots of people in there shopping and raise your voice slighty nice and under control dont swear or get abusive just keep on that its unfair as orther shops will change them, just go on and on at him. If there is no sign of new one yet a bit louder should do it :rotfl: :rotfl: it worked with my laptop after 3 months.
Dont let them get away with it :nono: stand your ground and if you do it right you should get a new one.:devil:
They are very interested in you when they want your money but when it goes wrong mr comet says:lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom