Is Move another "abandoned child"?

P-P-S-S

I was quite excited about Move and its potentials and bought three motion controllers when it came out. However it has been at least 6 months since Move came out and there are hardly any games out there available for it. For a project which is supposedly meant to compete with Wii it is doing pathetically so.

So, does Move have a future or is it another one of Sony's grand ideas that mount up to nothing?

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
It's needing a "killer app" ie. a must have Move-only title to kick it into life.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Move is great IMO, but the lack of exciting games for it convinced me to sell the lot I had a couple of months back.

Shame.

Might pick it up again in the future.

RobbySpurs

Distinguished Member
What I cannot understand is why games that are crying out for Move functionality either adopt it in a half baked sort of way, or even not at all. Case in point the recent tennis games like Top Spin.

It just does not seem to get the support it needs and will probably go the way of the dodo unless third party developers start to embrace it.

Aamii2892

Standard Member
I'm finding Move Awesome with Killzone 3. Love playing online cant go back to the controller, tried it but I play better with the Move.

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
Hopefully E3 will see some good Move stuff revealed :smashin:

majnu

Distinguished Member
I was quite excited about Move and its potentials and bought three motion controllers when it came out. However it has been at least 6 months since Move came out and there are hardly any games out there available for it. For a project which is supposedly meant to compete with Wii it is doing pathetically so.

So, does Move have a future or is it another one of Sony's grand ideas that mount up to nothing?

I know how you feel :(

If Sony don't pressurise publishers to get big title games with Move support then when the Wii2 is released which already has motion controller compatibility on COD then I will buy a new console.

I don't know what Sony are thinking at times :suicide:

So far the only decent game was KZ3 and I know that Resistance 2 will feature Move support.

jwyg

anyone tried no more heroes yet? looks like it could be quite good fun on the move, even tho it's a bit of a wii port...

tomelli

Personally I love the move! I have managed to get 80 hours out of Killzone 3 multiplayer. I am looking forward to Resistance 3 simply because it is Move compatible. I am hoping that the new Battlefield and MWarefare games will be aswell.

jwalsh82

I'm very dissapointed with the amount of games coming out for it - but then how many games would work better with a pad? 90%?

D

Deleted member 92943

I think Move is fine. Its not really a whole new platform like Kinect which is in more need of killer games. Move is just another way to play a game and it seems developers are adding it where it works. Resistance 3, Bioshock Infinate ect.

I do want a full length game like Sorcery though.

ibrox_grfc

Distinguished Member
I do want a full length game like Sorcery though.

....or a decent Star Wars one.

I bought 2 Move controllers and the camera last September and I've barely looked at them since I wrecked my arm playing 'The Fight' before Christmas. Not a good idea to start playing it if you have a slight arm injury :suicide: :laugh:

Had a few goes at Killzone 3 when it came out then PSN went down and I haven't went back to it since.

I've still got Time Crisis, The Shoot, Heavy Rain & Eyepet all waiting to be opened and played but I don't know what it is, I've just sort of lost interest in it :rolleyes:

tvmonkey

Is there much coming out that utilises Move? At the moment it's just sitting there gathering dust in my house. I really enjoyed playing Sports Champions but that's about it really. I'm not overly fond of FPS games in all honesty so i'm not too bothered about that sort of thing. It's a shame because it works really well and i enjoy using it when i actually do.

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
I'm not a PS3 owner any more but IIRC correctly there was always some upcoming sorcery game talked about as a future Move release that people were looking forward to. I don't know when it's getting released though sorry.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Think the buck stops with Sony. If there is no first party support why should developers get in bed? Just a missed opportunity. Sony seem more interested in tacking on Move controls for sleeper hits (Heavy Rain) or isolated titles they know will shift regardless (LBP 2). But no concerted effort. Difference between a fundamental part of the experience (Wii Controller) versus Move being an optional periphery. Even something like 1:1 control mapping on a tennis title would be obviousness in itself but no one has done it, although EA might change that with Grand Slam Tennis 2...

Just been playing Goldeneye Reloaded with the SharpShooter.
Takes a bit of getting used to.
Adjusting cursor speed and deadzones took a while to get it playable and with a bit more tweaking should be great.
Had fun in the end although it took me over an hour to complete the third level (The one where you chase the plane at the end)

Will have a look at SOCOM i think.

Tiger woods 11 was fun as well (Even though it doesn't say Move on the case)
Got Virtua Tennis 4 as well
2 for £20 at GameStation
Already have Heavy rain & LBP2

I bought a move when they firs came out but sold it within a week.
Just got a new one now with the SharpShooter
So lets see if i keep it any longer this time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom