Is Miyamoto still involved with directing/producing games?

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I know Miyamoto has been very much at the forefront of the Wii hardware design but I have not seen or heard anything from him as a games producer/director.
It would be a shame if the likes of Super Mario Galaxy did not have his magic touch.
I heard rumors that the lattest Mario game had been given to a 3rd party to make :eek: :eek: :eek:
Surely Nintendo would not do that to their most cherished franchise??????

Pantera6

Novice Member
i heard he is retiring soon. few years. but yes i think wii will be the last of his console he will be working on. it wont be the same when he's gone, but there are quite a few talented people hes leaving behind. obviously they wont come up with the same things, but they will blatently be very good. hopefully

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
i heard he is retiring soon. few years. but yes i think wii will be the last of his console he will be working on. it wont be the same when he's gone, but there are quite a few talented people hes leaving behind. obviously they wont come up with the same things, but they will blatently be very good. hopefully

Nintendo should force him (by gunpoint if needs be) to sign a contract saying he will work for them 'till he is 100.
Miyamoto has almost single handedly made Nintendo what they are today.As I said earlier, I really hope that he has still having a major influence in Nintendos in house games (Mario etc)
He has given me many, if not all, of my most memorable gaming moments.:thumbsup:

rober48

Novice Member
Nintendo should force him (by gunpoint if needs be) to sign a contract saying he will work for them 'till he is 100.
Miyamoto has almost single handedly made Nintendo what they are today.As I said earlier, I really hope that he has still having a major influence in Nintendos in house games (Mario etc)
He has given me many, if not all, of my most memorable gaming moments.:thumbsup:

Miyamoto is undoubtedly the creative driving force and a brilliant, brilliant man but it was Hiroshi Yamouchi's business practices that made Nintendo what they are today. Without him they would still be a playing card manufacturer!
Cheers

Neil

fizzgog

i never spotted miyamoto's name in the zelda credits (in the provided manual).
did i miss it or was he not a part of the creative process??
pete

tryingtimes

He was definitely involved - there's a whole load of interviews called "iwata asks" on the nintendo.com site - they talk about him overseeing Zelda and several other projects. He was responsible for a last-minute lengthening of the whole intro/village section of the game for example.
They're all really interesting to read but it took me about 3 hours to get through them all!

fizzgog

He was definitely involved - there's a whole load of interviews called "iwata asks" on the nintendo.com site - they talk about him overseeing Zelda and several other projects. He was responsible for a last-minute lengthening of the whole intro/village section of the game for example.
They're all really interesting to read but it took me about 3 hours to get through them all!

thanx for the reply - i probably missed it then :suicide:
pete

davie563

Novice Member
miyamoto produced the game, check the last name in the credits in the manual :) And as u know with film production producers have a say in the development process.

As for Mario Galaxy beeing developed by a 3rd party, thats crap, dont know where u heard that. miyamoto is workin extensivly on Mario for Wii and i dont know if u guys are bigg followers of nintendo news but some screens shots of a new secret franchise were released a wee while ago, was a guy riding a dragon if i remember corectly....was heavly tied to miyamoto....

I see a future President of Nintendo here.... :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom