Is Mixing pb1000 with sb1000 ok

dannyedwards

Standard Member
Hi all,
Looking to upgrade my subwoofer fairly soon.
I only recently bought my rear speakers and feel I’m now happy with my speaker set up of all MA but now need to sort the final most important part of my setup.
Basically a few years ago I had an svs pb2000. This was at my old house, I never really got the best from it being tucked in the corner. It rattled every part of the house but never seemed to hit you in the chest. Anyway we then moved house and again it was in the corner, the wife hated the size of it so ended up selling it to please her.
Since then I been using my original tiny 8” sub from a wharfedale setup.
I’m wanting to go dual this time to cover my open plan area. I’m limited to literally 2 positions, 1 in the corner and the other behind the curved corner to our corner sofa.
Firstly to avoid a divorce (lol), they need to be small and plus positions I have are restricted. I can fit a pb1000 pro in the corner, but can only fit an sb1000 pro behind corner of sofa.
Will this work ok??
My use is 90% films, 10% music.
Area is 7m x 3.5m (lounge use and sofa seating is half this) but this is open to the kitchen then that is open to hallway 😬
Any other recommendations are more than welcome

Mr Wolf

For better integration, you really want them to be the same subs. As you can’t fit avsecond PB-2000, how about a pair of SB-2000s instead? The SB-2000 kicks appreciably harder than the 1000 version and a pair should easily fill that space.

dannyedwards

Standard Member
Cheers mr wolf, could be an option. I hadn’t considered sticking with sealed. I always assumed I would need ported for films.
Weirdly, after reading your suggestion of 2
Sealed subs I had a dream last night I had 2 sealed subs and I was moving them around the room again and again trying to get the best sound and just couldn’t get it to sound good. This is clearly on my mind too much at the moment lol

Mr Wolf

Nobody "needs" ported subs for films but they do have an output advantage in the lower frequencies that may mean you can get away with cheaper, less powerful subs than if you go sealed.

Is there no way you can fit two ported subs into your space?

dannyedwards

Standard Member
The only way I could get 2 ported subs is if I go with an svs pc model but the wife has already said they look an eye sore 😬
I’m limited behind the corner of our sofa to 38cm depth and 36cm width.
Limits me a fair bit annoyingly

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom