1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is LG4950 a rebadged Tosh 420

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Steve Knott, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Steve Knott

Steve Knott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Being new to this game need a bit of advice - currently going through the process of buying new tv , so I've decided to bite the bullet and join the 21st century and buy a DVD player as well.
    Most reviewers seem to rate the Tosh 220, so i decided to go for this - phoned Richer Sounds in Bristol (none in stock) phoned Richer Sounds in Bournemouth (a day out for the family) they had plenty in stock:) .

Off I go down to Bournemouth, when I get there, guess what? Yep! sold the last one that morning - so I had a little moan at the trainee sales assistant (to no avail) but they then proceeded to try and sell me a LG4950 informing me that it is a rebadged Tosh 420.

Is this true? as I was very impressed with the looks of this player, but looks aren't everything or should I stick with my first choice of the 220.