Is LCD backlight bleed a myth then?

Kootuu

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I just got my Panasonic 32 LXD60 on Saturday and at first I thought "wow this is amazing"!

Until I noticed some backlight bleed in the bottom right, top right and bottom center of the screen. This is only noticeable when the lights are off and the scene is quite a dark one. Seeing as the first thing I stuck on was Episode III, dark scenes in space are a plenty!

I rang up the guys I bought it from and they were not aware of this issue. They contacted Panasonic who are also not aware of this issue. After speaking with the dealer, they said the could not exchange it as they would potentially exhaust all of their stock on me until I was satisfied. Fair point I guess, but if I return it I have to pay a 15% surcharge!

What exactly can I do? The screen has an issue, nobody seems to recognise it, they've only every seen their screens in the shop floor with blinding lights on so of course they won't understand what I seem to be blabbing on about.

Am I the only one who thinks there is an issue? Anyone else with Panasonic LCDs out there have something similar?

You are allowed to get a refund WITHOUT any "administration/re stocking fee" Where you do purchase this set? It's also wrong for them to make excuses about their stock level- if they have no others in stock they have to give 100% refund. If they've got 1 or more new in stock offer that. They sound like cowboys.

Tek Zone concession in Allders.

They did but Allders in Croydon was bought and trades under the same name but its not the same company running it.

badbob said:
You are allowed to get a refund WITHOUT any "administration/re stocking fee" Where you do purchase this set? It's also wrong for them to make excuses about their stock level- if they have no others in stock they have to give 100% refund. If they've got 1 or more new in stock offer that. They sound like cowboys.
Getting a full refund for a non-faulty item that's been bought directlly from a shop is purely at the discretion of the seller and they can charge a restocking fee if they wish, as long as this is clearly stated in their returns policy and T&Cs. If the TV is faulty, and it is up to the Seller to prove otherwise, then a full refund should be offered as the fault has been identified within a reasonable time from purchase.

Darthmahon, backlight seepage and uneven backlighting is a very real issue and you should insist that at the very least an engineer is sent out to evaluate the problem in situe. Remember it is the sellers responsibility to prove that no fault exists not yours to prove otherwise.

That is what I said. We're not talking about a refund for a non faulty product. You are allowed a full refund including the delivery charge you paid, plus no charge for return delivery on a faulty product. Although some retailers will refuse to pickup return delivery charge that might involve legal proceedings and probably not worth it, just get the money back and avoid that company for life:)

badbob said:
That is what I said. We're not talking about a refund for a non faulty product. You are allowed a full refund including the delivery charge you paid, plus no charge for return delivery on a faulty product. Although some retailers will refuse to pickup return delivery charge that might involve legal proceedings and probably not worth it, just get the money back and avoid that company for life:)
But the OP's original post inferred that the retailer was not accepting that the product was faulty, hence the restocking fee.

Then contact trading standards and your Visa card, he stated the set is faulty with the un-even backlight, therefore it is faulty. Usually the customer is in the right. The company can't deny a refund just because they believe it isn't faulty (have they inspected it?)

Looks like they're going to go into adminsration also:rotfl: :rotfl: btw I bought a bike delivered scratched up they said "not faulty" refused to refund, tried to charge me 20% but I stuck to my guns, got visa and TS involved and got a full refund minus the £30 courier return charge.

Take photos to prove the fault, send them to the company and your solicitor, TS & Visa.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom