1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is KV-36HQ100 High-End ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by vincentsdv, Feb 14, 2004.

1. vincentsdv

vincentsdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm the owner of one KV-36FS70 with 4000 hours working time and I'm still amazed of picture quality.
    However I'm not satisfied with the lack of RGB secondary input and some geometrical imperfections.
    Right now I'm into position to get a good price on it and switch to fs76 without a big financial effort.
    The KV-36HQ100 show-up made me lost in thoughts.
    The model is not available in my country so I have to order it from Germany without testing.
    I would like to know if this model is better than previous and if the price difference is explainable
    taking into account the DRC giving up and the lack of progressive scan input.
    FS76 or HQ100? Please help me to take the right decision.
    Vincent

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keep it, whatever you buy next may have worse geometrical imperfections and other problems.
    If your main concern is RGB inputs, why not daisy chain RGB inputs through SKY or Freeview or DVD player if possible or buy an RGB switching box.
    If your are otherwise generally content with your TV, keep your cash. :cool:

3. vincentsdv

vincentsdv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I will take into account your advice and I'll keep the cash until the HQ100 matters are cleared.
    I can use my PT-LC75 videoprojector but only for a while because of the high price per hour.
    How could someone sais that HQ100 is the european equivalent of XBR910 american model?
    Is it possible to exclude DRC and progressive input when it is used an Super Fine Pitch CRT designed for HDTV?
    I think these lacks make it not even compete with PD30 for instance so it is far away for an HighEnd.
    If I could have tested it...
    If there anybody has been convienced by his own eyes please announce me.

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand why Sony didn't release it with component-inputs at all....

Any reason for not doing this?

5. golden

golden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0