1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Kodak Picture Paper any good?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by harry66, Jul 22, 2003.

1. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I have a Fuji FinePix F410 and a Canon MPC600F printer.
    Printed some 3MP and 6MP photos at A4 size, 2 photos per A4 and 4 Photos per A4 but I am getting really grainy output.
    Tried using the Best and 2nd Best print setting but does not help.
    I suspect that maybe the Kodak 170gsm Glossy Picture Paper I have is the problem?
    Sent some of the photos off to an online Digital Print burea and they came back looking great.

Am I expecting too much from the Canon or is the Kodak Paper the culprit here? I just feel like I got better results with a Epson Stylus 680 years ago than I am getting here!

The worse was that I printed a 6MP photo via Photoshop Elements using the Picture package option at 4 prints per A4 sheet and it came out really jagged and coarse!

The Print Quality of the Canon is meant to me superb according to all the reviews I have read.

Any ideas?

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I,ve used kodak with a 660 and 830 no grain showing and the 660 only had max dpi of 1440. How are you changing the image size resampling or resizing?

3. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Dunno..
    I have tried using Photoshop Elements 2 and the Windows XP Print Wizard to print 3MP or 6MP pictures at a size of 6x4 and 7x5 inches.
    Also tried using the PE2 Picture Package option to fit four shots onto a single A4 sheet.

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    When you use PE2 to change the size make sure you have not ticked the resample box. Then you will change the print size and change the resolution without resampling. Also worth checking is the settings that Kodak suggest for your printer they should come with the paper. Multiple printing on a page may not be the best way to go as I think it just squashes to fit. keep trying