Is IXOS 1081 Subwoofer cable OK?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Jon Weaver, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +723
    I wouldn't normally buy things like cables from Dixons, but I happened to be in there yesterday and saw that they sell the IXOS range.

They had a Subwoofer cable (model 1081) for £19.99.. This didn't seem cheap, considering that it is only mono, but I had a credit note and thought that it would be a good way of spending it.

WHen I got home, I realised that it was part of IXOSs 'bronze' range, which in my mind equates to 'budget'

Has anyone tried this cable? Is it a worthwhile upgrade over a bog-standard cable?

Any info appreciated.

Jon

2. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +723
    I found the same cable at 'homecinemaheaven' for £9.95, so it was hardly value for money.

I also found an IXOS cable called 1141, which is apparantly, much higher quality.

Homecinemaheaven want £25 for the better one, which is only £5 more than the £20 I have already payed at Dixons.

But for £10, I might as well get the 1081 cable and take the one back to Dixons.

I don't know what its like, but for £10, you can't really go wrong!

3. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi again Jon,

Your not gonna really spot the difference so I'd go with the 1081 it really does the job well. Unless you've got a real jumble of wires behind your av gear and feel you really need to isolate everything well (and I hope its not like that) stick with the 1081 but not at 20 smackeroonies though mate!