Is it worthwhile to try and swap this TV?

rararasputin1720

Novice Member
Reaction score
My nearly brand new 75" X950h has developed (or had from the beginning, but I only just started noticing it) this noticeable dim spot to the left edge of the screen. I have tried to show how it appears in the picture below, but none really do justice for how it looks in person. I have tried to live with it, but I am too neurotic and detail-focused to not notice it on nearly every menu screen and in a lot of content. It was bought off of Amazon, so I can request a replacement with minimal difficulty within the next 10 days (I kept the box and all packing material), however I am not sure if it is worthwhile. Will I end up with a worse panel? I've never had anything like this on any other Sony I've had. Have other people with potentially worse issues swapped and seen a better/near perfect panel (besides the corner vignetting which I recognize is unavoidable)? I would appreciate any and all thoughts and input to help me decide if I will live with it or go for a new panel. Thanks!

ILeX2Fi.jpg
IsbeSD7.jpg
8QVX0Wb.jpg
eRDzTxd.jpg

Think I would get a replacement. Longer you leave it the harder it will be to replace it, and.. it might even get worse.

Thanks to the responders, I have decided to proceed with a replacement as I don't think I would ever be wholly satisfied with the current panel.

Thanks to the responders, I have decided to proceed with a replacement as I don't think I would ever be wholly satisfied with the current panel.
Lets hope you get a good one this time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom