1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Worth Waiting ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jspr, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jspr

jspr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have been thinking about Sky+ for a while now (just have basic Sky at the moment) but was wondering if it was worth waitiing until the New Year to see if Sky do any special offers on their Sky+ boxes after the Xmas rush. What do you guys think ? I'm not interested in multiroom so was wondering if it might be cheaper to try an independent installer and presumably I might also be able to specify what make of box I prefer - do you think there is really any benefit in choosing your make of box and if so is the Pace the best bet ? Many thanks for any advice.

2. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Don't know whether its worth waiting - I'm not sure whether the offers would be now to get people to buy before Xmas, or whether there will be any at all!! The rate of people subscribing is slowing down so its possible they'll try anything to attract custom. Maybe someone in the business would be able to help more here?

Aside from that though its definitely worth it :smashin: I couldn't do without mine, no matter how frustrated I get over the cost, crappy service and the monopoly that Sky have. I've had a few problems with failed recordings, freezing, series link failing. But these have been far outweighed by the fact that I can record without fiddling with tapes, I can link series and I can pause, rewind and replay when I miss the all important line in a film, when the phone goes or when I want to watch Liverpool score that fantastic goal again.....

Am I selling it to you?? :D

3. jspr

jspr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks, smelly

I've definately been sold on the idea - just a case of whether I can get it cheaper by waiting a couple of months - up till now I've been the original 'early adopter' (you name it I've bought it when it first came out only to see the price crash almost immediately - I am the original betamax man !!!) so I am a bit more prudent these days. Perhaps someone might buy it for me for Xmas
    :lease: