• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it worth upgrading?

corgi74

Established Member
I need some advice please. I currently have a LG 37LC66 withSky HD, Sharp Bluray player and E10 HDDVD. I'm happy with my telly but the little voice in my head keeps telling me to buy a 1080p. The largest I can get is a 40" (wife has banned larger!) and a maximum budget of £699 so don't really know if its worth the cash to upgrade.
Basically should I be happy with what I've got or get a 1080P?
Thanks in advance

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
With your budeget the best option is the Sony KDL-40V3000

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
If only he could afford a 50"!!....even the warfedale 47" costs above budget not to speak for more branded tv's

corgi74

Established Member
A 50" would look stupid in my front room. Used to have a 42" plasma and it dominated it but not in a good way.
I think the general gist is that with a 37-40" 11 feet away there is probably no real difference between P and I? Is this correct?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
You will notice some difference but of course only on HD

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Not huge but at least some yes

corgi74

Established Member
I've taken the plunge and bought a Toshiba 42XV505DB. £712 from Dixons after 5% HOT5 discount and 3% Quidco. Ideally it was very wife friendly and ticked all the boxes I was after. Looking forward to getting it now. Roll on next Monday!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom