Is it worth upgrading?

Fergknapp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking in the forums for ages dreaming of a new TV. I've finally managed to get the funds together to get one but now part of me is wondering how noticeable my upgrade will be.
I'm currently using a hisense 50k321uw which is about 6 years old. It was considered a low tier option when I bought it, one of the early budget 4k sets.
The set I'm looking to upgrade to is a 55xh9505, due completely to the reviews on these forums.
I just need someone to tell me I'm going to be blown away by this TV and it will make my current hisense look like a potato!
I mostly watch hd/4k on Netflix,Disney, Amazon. Some SD through a sky q box. I play some ps4 and going to upgrade to a ps5 in the future.
I view from around 2.5-3m away.

Big thanks to dodgxander by the way, your reviews and comments on all these threads are what have steered me towards saving up more to get a decent set.

Yup the XH9505 is a cracking TV, will be marked improvement over what you are using both with motion and HDR picture quality. At 55" perhaps also consider OLEDs, as they are better value for money against LCD TVs at 55" versus 65".

Thanks for the thanks btw. I don't review each TV, just take known info, other reviews and user feedback and put it all together in to a guide. Sometimes its hard to compare TVs if one person reviews one, but not another..and sometimes they also gloss over what owners think of each TV too.

You're going to be blown away by this TV and it will make your current Hisense look like a potato!

Have a look at the Sony Refurb thread - Bargain - Sony centre direct refurbished store thread
Some really good deals for a good price.

The only thing I can mention is if you're upgrading to a PS5 the XH9505 has no HDMI 2.1. Some gamers seem to think it's the be-all and end-all of TV buying these days, personally, I'd rather have a TV that was actually a really good... TV, which many of the ones they're buying are not, they're average TVs with a nice, but non-essential feature.

Hi, I've been lurking in the forums for ages dreaming of a new TV. I've finally managed to get the funds together to get one but now part of me is wondering how noticeable my upgrade will be.
I'm currently using a hisense 50k321uw which is about 6 years old. It was considered a low tier option when I bought it, one of the early budget 4k sets.
The set I'm looking to upgrade to is a 55xh9505, due completely to the reviews on these forums.
I just need someone to tell me I'm going to be blown away by this TV and it will make my current hisense look like a potato!
I mostly watch hd/4k on Netflix,Disney, Amazon. Some SD through a sky q box. I play some ps4 and going to upgrade to a ps5 in the future.
I view from around 2.5-3m away.

Big thanks to dodgxander by the way, your reviews and comments on all these threads are what have steered me towards saving up more to get a decent set.
Only thing I would add, is can you take out a mortgage and buy a 65” XH9505?!? Now that really would blow you away!! 🤣🤣

Thanks for the replies, can't stretch the budget for an OLED unfortunately and with kids who love to leave the TV paused for ages without telling me, it's probably not a good idea!
I'm not worried about missing out on the hdmi 2.1 features, I'm a casual gamer at best these days anyway.
You've given me the encouragement I needed though and I'll be in the queue for a Sony refurb 55xh9505 on Thursday.

I think you will be very happy with the 55XH9505.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom