• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it worth upgrading to B&W 803s or wait for Diamond range?

Philw101

Prominent Member
Hello all,

Just been toying with a particular idea since I tend to a listen to a lot of two channel music now - should I upgrade my B&W 804S to 803s or wait until I can get the diamond range?

What are you thoughts on this? Would this be a suitable upgrade? :)

Cheers

Phil.

bluedroog

Prominent Member
Well the 803 will give more precense, if that an area you feel could be improved? The Diamond series are a considerable step up in performance but the price revel ts that too. Not really something we can advice as its all to do with your priorities. If you can afford to drop that sort of money on the Diamonds I doubt you'll be disappointed.

TomScrut

Prominent Member
Is it worth the hassle swapping when you already have a sub, and bass is the only area there is any difference as far as I am aware? The mid and treble are the same drivers I think.

When I come to buy I will be looking for 803S ideally but I aren't sure I would be if i already had a pair of 804S! The 803S aren't even a lot bigger, unlike the D and Diamond. But I must say I haven't heard them together, just on their own in different rooms and systems.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom