Is it worth to pay 1k$ more for Sony HW50es? (vs epson9100)

Dersimli

Hello friends

I will buy my first projector next week.

In our country both of projector comes with 2 year warranty and no extra spare lamp.

They come with pair of 3d glasses. Epson 9100 doesnt have THX Mode in european units.

Sony Hw50es: 4000 $

Epson 5020: 3000 $

My screen is 106 inc (diagonal) grandview matte white and viewing distance is 12-13 feet. Room has grey matt walls and black ceiling.

I will use my home theater for %70 2d bluray movies %20 3d bluray movies and %10 HDTV sport.

My concern is picture quality.

So my friends what do you suggest for me?

Kind Regards

ps: Sorry for my English

Cliff

Distinguished Member
The Sony is more recent and has frame interpolation on 3D.
If you are watching 20% 3D then this will give you smoother motion. The Epson can be a bit jerky with movement.
Pay the extra money for the Sony.

Outlaw

Standard Member
I have seen both in an dedicated homecinema. I hate 3d, so this is irrelevant to me. But the 2d picture was realy a strong difference, if ur looking blu rays and acivate the reality creation on the sony. For me it looked like dvd on the Epson 9100 vs Bluray on the Sony hw50. Movie was "The Avangers". The Sony created so much more visible Detail without any visible artifacts. In contrast the Epson produced lot of visible artefacts while trying to reach the sharp look from the sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom