1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth to buy Hitachi 42PD5200 for 1 year ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by maxima, Apr 16, 2005.

1. maxima

maxima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Guys, I took a quick look at your discussions and got that I need a year to understand all the staff..

Can you guys just shortly explain:

What are the possible sources of HT signal

1. The HDTV at Sky in 2006 in UK and no other rivals still announced. Right ?
    2. New DVD format? When it will start apporx. Will I need to buy new DVD disks to have my favourite movies in high quality ? When it will start?
    3. Xbox 2 (this summer)?
    4. something else ?

Providing I dont really like TV, I fancy movies at DVD, I like Xbox a lot and will buy Xbox 2..

I am currently thinking about Hitachi 42PD5200. And upgrade my DVD player to HDMI and connect it to plasma through HDMI-DVI converter.

Will I have good quality on this screen using DVD-HDMI-DVI-Plasma using conventional DVD disks?

Will I have good quality connecting Xbox 2?

In general : Will it worth to buy plasma panel which could not be suitable for Sky HDTV and may be partially suitable for other sources. I am going to upgrade this TV in one year anyway.

I think I can buy this TV for 1700 for cash.. Can you advice something else for same level of use and for similar money?

Thank you.

2. Whitey1977

Whitey1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  3. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: