Is it worth to buy a LG G2

Ronyn77

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an old LG C8 Oled tv and until now it works flawlessly. I mainly used it for HDR pc gaming (I have an RTX 3090 as video card) and watching TV.
Following the reviews of rtings for brightness, it seems that the LG G2 has only around 100 nits more on average. Please look at the following link :

Is the Lg G2 a lot better than the C8 as picture quality for only 100 nits more? I will notice any differences?
Please share your thoughts.

The other question is : as far as I now until the C1 there were problems with the eArc port when passthroughing lossless dolby atmos. A typical configuration is the PC/console connected to the HDMI port and a Soundbar connected to the HDMI eARC port. Usually the audio signal arrives to the soundbar broken or with delays. Is this problem solved?

Its real scene highlights is nearly double though, I would put more emphasis on that as its supposed to stimulate real world content over just raw numbers.

The LG C8 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 and therefore can't run at 4k/120hz, nor does it support Gysnc.

So for PC gaming the G2 will be much better.

And yeah the real scene highlight is almost twice as bright so will definitely be a good upgrade.

The LG C8 doesn't have HDMI 2.1 and therefore can't run at 4k/120hz, nor does it support Gysnc.

So for PC gaming the G2 will be much better.
I am sure for that.

Anyway I would like to understand if I will see so much difference in the image quality (colour, brightness, etc), such as to justify the expense.

The other point is the audio...I have a Samsung soundbar Q950A, it is only hdmi 2.1. So I need to connect it through the eArc hdmi, otherwise i will lose the 2.1 benefits. In the past this configuration didn't work well as already mentioned for all previous lg Tvs.

It doesn't pass through DTS, which games on PC don't use.

It doesn't pass through DTS, which games on PC don't use.
I know this…but on the paper also the previous model passes the lossless dolby atmos, but in the reality it doesn’t work….there is a delay or there is not a right division between the channels..or if you prefer a broken pass through…this why i am asking if in this new model the problem was solved with the eArc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom