Is it worth spending the extra £70..

billy87mufc

Looking to get one of the following MP3 players from Sony.

Sony 16GB E Series which is priced at £99.99

and the

Sony X Series 16GB priced at £169.99

Is it worth spending the extra on the later model?

Opinions on both of these players?

peter312

Hi there

I have always found the Sony MP3 players to have excellent sound quality. IMHO, the X series has better sound quality than the E series, buy also comes with a lot of toys (touch screen, web browser) that you might not need.

If you don't need all of these toys, the S series would make an excellent choice, with a sound quality closer to the X than the E.

I hope that helps.

syko67

how long can you wait?? I think the Android based walkman is out this year..I almost upgraded my 808 to the X but decided to wait for the Android and as nothing is wrong with my old one I felt it worth it ....been very quiet on the net about it for quite a while though :confused:

Last edited:

billy87mufc

Not in a desperate need to get one, but I since losing my ipod I have missed having an mp3 player and using a phone just isn't the same!

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
I've thought about the X a few times, especially while the X was being sold for around £150 a month back, but my A829 with a pair of EX300 (the same as the X ships with sans noise cancelling) sounds :thumbsup:.

If you are in need I'd go for an A8xx for around £99, it will trounce the E/S series and come pretty close to the X, and the new A845 might exceed the X.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom