1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth spending a bit more ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lil in Spain, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Lil in Spain

Lil in Spain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm undecided between the Panny 700 and the HS50. Is it worth spending an extra 200 pounds or so, am i really going to see a big difference?

I will be using Sky+ Via S-Vid, and a pioneer 575 via component (till I upgrade to a HD DVD), I will be sitting approx 3.7mtrs away from a 7foot screen. The sky feed will probably be used with some ambient light (footy).

I don't mind spending a couple of hundred more if I'm going to really benefit.

Also where is the cheapest place, unbeatable?

thanks

2. edhg

edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demo'd them both before deciding on the HS50. To my (unexperienced eyes and ears) the HS50 was hands down the better machine, and certainly worth the difference in price. It is super quiet and has a very crisp picture, even when there is some ambient light. The one thing that I was surprised about was the size of the machine - it is quite a bit bigger than the panny.

ed

3. KWB

KWB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned both of these machines and the Sony is better than the AE700 and in my mind definitely worth the extra £200.

I changed from the AE700 due to very bad Vertical Banding. This is non-existent on the Sony.

Definitely demo them both if you are not sure and see what you think.

4. Lil in Spain

Lil in Spain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thats the problem I can't demo (spain is a little behind), any way thanks for your replies, its my first pj and its got to last a while, so I think I'll plump for the Sony :D Only problem is I've got to wait 3 weeks :mad:

Cheer Lil