Is it worth replacing my Hisense 50M3300 TV?

Lander999

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good morning all - very much the newcomer here

I have a 2017 Hisense 50M3300 and very nice it is too

Was considering getting a Hisense 50U7QFTUK (2020) to replace now

So my questions
1) Is it worth the change (original was £339, this is £599 - looking for better pic/navigation/remote?
2) Anything else I should consider in roughly the same price range (has to be 50")?

Thank you

Richard

Welcome to the forum!
1. No, not really. In your shoes I'd want to update to a TV that is more capable with HDR. Look at LCD TVs with at least 1000 nits of peak brightness or OLEDs.
2. There's only two TVs LCD TVs I'd consider changing to in your situation and that would be the 2019 Sony 49XG9005 (may be hard to find now) or the 2020 Sony 49XH9505 which is currently very expensive having just been released.

You may find 49XG9005's from Sony direct refurbished within budget. See:

What you don't want to be doing is replacing your current TV with a model new for your budget, you won't get very much improvement.

It's still not really HDR-capable unfortunately.

I'd go with Dodgexanders advice above.

Good morning all - very much the newcomer here

I have a 2017 Hisense 50M3300 and very nice it is too

Was considering getting a Hisense 50U7QFTUK (2020) to replace now

So my questions
1) Is it worth the change (original was £339, this is £599 - looking for better pic/navigation/remote?
2) Anything else I should consider in roughly the same price range (has to be 50")?

Thank you

Richard
Did you upgrade from your TV in the end?

Im thinking of doing the same at the moment

I did. Sony Bravia 49" for £999 (now £850) and worth every penny. Picture and interface so much better than the hisense. You pay for what you get. Old saying but always true

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom