1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth repairing Philips 32 Widescreen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mcaw, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After 2 1/2 years tube has gone. Philips have offered a replacement tube for £99, and I will have to pay £75 to get it fitted. So for an outlay of £175 I get my 32pw6515 working again ( hopefully ), but with only a limited guarantee.
    The newer model of this telly can be bought for under £400 now, should I fix the old one, or buy a new one.
    Are there any other bargain reliable 32 w/s tellys around at the moment.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    There are always bargain TVs arround.

I must admit to be of the ethos that when one part fails it isnt too long before other bits start to go - though nothing to back this up.

The advantage of buying new is that technology keeps getting cheaper so you will get more bang for your buck and you will also get a new full warrenty (and be protected by the new Sales of Goods act)

3. EviL AnGeL

EviL AnGeL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I'd have it repaired for £175 and then sell it. Put the money you get from it towards the new TV at £400. That way you are not outlaying the full £400 for the new TV maybe only around £150 after you sell the other one and you get the benefit of a new TV with 12 months warranty.