Is it worth paying the extra for Mara C3200/Pronto 890 over CA M1+?

Hallsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, had pretty much decided that I would get a cambridge audio M1+, or E-Pilot SRC-9200 (both the same) for around £30 from ebay. After hunting around and looking at other remotes you seem to geta bit pulled in and before you know it you're considering spending loads more on a really posh one!!
Being a little more restrained I have noticed that you can get Marantz RC3200 or even Pronto 890 for around £60 on ebay sometimes.
The question is, is it really worth doubling the price to get something like this?
I was after one to replace remotes for 5 bits of kit (will soon be expanding to 7), as well as helping the other half out!! I would use the macro facility for turning things o together, with source switching, etc.
I like the idea of the more fancy remotes but not sure if I'd really need them, whe possibly the M1+ style remotes would be adequate??
What do you guys reckon?

I have a Pronto 890 and wouldn't live with out it. Once you have set it all up it is so easy to use. I wouldpay another £60 or more if some thing happened to mine.

Cheers for your reply. Any ideas on which would be considered better, the older pronto 890 or the Mara RC3200?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom