1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth me getting sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tiger3176, Jan 5, 2005.

1. tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all, I have a Toshiba rd xs32 HDD dvd recorder. I also currently subscribe to NTL. The Toshiba has time slip and does all the other things that it seems the Sky+ does, but can only record 1 channel. If I got Sky+, could I therefore record 3 channels using the Toshiba for 1? It may seem a silly question but I genuinly don't know. So what I'm asking is, I have the Toshiba that you can record to hard drive or DVD and cable television. Could I do a lot more if I subscribed to Sky+? Or would I just be getting the facility to record 2 channels at the same time? Thank you for any help.
  2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Jun 14, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Chorley, Lancs
    Certainly with the cable box going into the Tosh (or aerial), and the Sky + box recording 2 channels, you could record 3 channels at once. It would be expensive though, if you still subscribe to NTL. If you tossed NTL, then you would only be able to record 3 channels using the aerial as the third input (to Tosh). Sky +'s advantage over an HDD/DVD recorder is the ease of use EPG recording facility, plus the 2 channel record thing of course. Also you can watch another recorded program whilst recording one or two others.