Is it worth me getting a projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marky P, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Marky P

Marky P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right!:)

My room is 10 foot wide wall to wall. Is it possible for me to fire a projector along this width and get a decent size picture? I currently have a 50" plasma and was thinking about a PJ if it would be much bigger than that. And what sort of price are we talking about for a full HD PJ and a motorised screen?

Ta!:hiya:

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,093
    Depending on which projector you buy you should be able to get a 70"-80" diagonal screen size with a 9ft screen to lens dimension.

Hd pj's start at around £1000 and an electric screen £300 ish or manual £100 approx.

3. IWC Dopplel

IWC Dopplel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    I would review how far you are going to sit from the screen and how much you are prepared to compromise/darken decor.

I short if you want a bright white room as it is small you will not get a good performance out of a cheap projector (Or any for that matter). Regarding viewing distance circa screen diagonal divided by .84 is a good starting point for a screen

4. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    I had a smaller room than that and had good results from a projector. Mine was 8ft 9 wall to wall! The screen was only 80 inches, but that is much bigger than a 50 inch screen.