Is it worth it?

Matlough

Had my HD box for a couple of weeks now with multiroom subscription so I've got everything apart from the Sky HD channels (watching lots of BBC hd progs!)

So I'm spending £48 for all my subscriptions - is it worth spending another £10 to upgrade to all the HD channels?

Yes

Starburst

Novice Member
Had my HD box for a couple of weeks now with multiroom subscription so I've got everything apart from the Sky HD channels (watching lots of BBC hd progs!)

So I'm spending £48 for all my subscriptions - is it worth spending another £10 to upgrade to all the HD channels?

You can see exactly what is being broadcast so go through the schedules and tot up how many native HD programmes you might watch in the next week. If the number is fairly high or perhaps the BBC footy is so impressive you think SKY HD footy is worth paying for by itself then go for it:)

I think it is a no-brainer if you already have a HD box and HD display but many would not agree or at least counter with the fact the "value" could be a lot better especially as FXHD could be delayed until 2008 as reported by a post over at DS.

Scapegoat

Do you watch movies, do you watch football? If yes then the answer is yes.

As for FXHD delay :mad:

mkcurtis

That is poor about the delay of FXHD if thats the case.

Now is it worth it? You have spent £300 or there abouts on a HD box, you have spent a small fortune on a HDTV. £10 extra is a small price to pay, its a taxi home from town on a night out, its a take away meal, its a round of beers, its two packets of fags (I think, I dont smoke!), thats how I look at it. If you have a night in once a month instead of going out, then have HD TV as a treat instead.

You have made all the bigger outlay for Sky, so an extra £10 is worth it in my view. You have movies and sports so why not watch it all in HD. Maybe lose the Multi Room subs if its a problem financially, and then swap back in the future if its not worth it.

I dropped Multiroom as I didnt use it during the non football season to save myself a few quid.

Do you have Broadband, maybe drop whatever you are paying on that and get Sky Free BB.

WATTS

Well have a look on whats on the HD channels. If you like what you see then i would say yes!
I watch a lot of movies and lots of discovery stuff so it makes sense for me to have it as i will use it.
However like others will say on here, i wish there were more HD!

In fact 70% of all i watch now is HD stuff on sky.

Rob_Quads

Novice Member
I think at the moment the comment above sums it up.

Do you watch movies - If so then definitely
Do you watch football - If so then definitely

Otherwise its more borderline - take a look at the planner

Barbs

Novice Member
It is a recurring debate and when you post in the HD forum you tend to get a 'Yes' response.

Personally I just cancelled my subscription yesterday along with Movies.....the HD sub without Movies is not worth it...and even with it you only have 2 Movie channels! I cancelled it because the movies were crap; not because the HD is bad.

I tried to convince myself (and the wife) that I actually used HD, but TBH I only surfed it occasionally. I will get it back sometime...but not until I have more HD channels to flick through and ignore.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
more to the point is it worth having an hd tv with an hd box but not having hd ?? a big NO
Why pay for the hd box if you didnt get the hd channels.
People go on about the bbc hd being the best channel on. But i disagree i never watch it unless it has footie on and even that is not as good quality as skys footage

Matlough

Well, just done it. :thumbsup:

Well, sort of!!

Ordered it at about lunchtime & still not got the upgrade signal yet:thumbsdow

Phoned Sky 3 times now and after each conversation they say 'we're sending the signal now'!

NOT GOT IT YET!!!!:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom